Join Our Public Policy Team!
American Children’s Campaign is searching for hardworking, motivated full-time college students to join our Public Policy Team at our internship program called The Apprenticeship Center. An ideal candidate for the Public Policy Team would possess adept written and verbal communication skills, strong critical thinking skills, and a passion for child advocacy. Also, you must be able to work 15-20 hours per week for at least two consecutive semesters. All internships begin unpaid.
Some of the tasks you will be performing include, but are not limited to:
- Conducting research and detailed analysis regarding juvenile justice, child welfare, quality pre-K education, sex trafficking, and other evolving issues
- Working with management team to assess the political environment
- Collaborating on the development of the organization’s legislative agenda
- Keeping senior management informed about the status of the legislative agenda and associated bills as they move through committee hearings and the legislative process
- Drafting external and internal publications to inform stakeholders about Florida’s strengths and weaknesses in child protection
The goal of our internship program is to give students the hands-on experience necessary to succeed in their desired field. During your apprenticeship you will have the opportunity to:
- Develop leadership skills by spearheading at least one project and leading meetings
- Build your portfolio of real-life work samples
- Practice networking skills
- Collaborate with the cross-functional work of the communication team.
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in applying, please email your resume and cover letter, and TWO writing samples to Resumes@IAmForKids.org. PLEASE include a statement in your cover letter indicating whether or not you can make a two semester commitment to our internship.